About The Green Office Handbook
From forming a Green Team to tracking results - and everything in between - The Green Office Handbook is a one-stop resource for greening any office. Whether you're just getting started, or need help taking your greening program to the next level, The Green Office Handbook provides everything you need to get there, including:
• 7 separate checklists, with hundreds of individual steps. Pick the sections and steps that make sense for your office – do as much or as little as you need to achieve your goals, but know that you’ve covered all of the bases.
• 7 “Scoreboards” allow you to track your progess and report back to your colleagues and senior management. Just download the Scoreboards from the CD (included), plug in your data, and let them do the rest. Each Scoreboard includes detailed instructions and is easy to use, even for Excel® novices.
• Draft emails: Just download these Word® documents from the CD - they are ready for you to personalize and send out to colleagues to announce your greening initiative, provide a green tip, communicate a new policy, and more.
• Strategies for a Green Office Presentation: Also included on the CD, this Powerpoint® presentation provides the background you need to explain to colleagues what sustainability is, why it's important for businesses, the characteristics of successful sustainability programs, and much more. Tailor the presentation for your company or deliver it as is - it's your choice.
• Clear, concise data in the Handbook, gives you the facts you need to encourage others to make changes. Additional information and FAQs provide further details and resources for each topic, for those interested in learning more.
We're also available to launch your greening program for you or to work with you one-on-one. Contact us at info@TheSustainableOffice.com for more information.
MORE about the Scoreboards:
The Scoreboards are provided on a CD that comes with The Green Office Handbook, and are easy to use, even for those unfamiliar with Excel®. Just plug in your data - like paper use or electricity costs - before and after taking steps to reduce your environmental impact, and the Scoreboards will calculate your environmental improvement, as well as your cost savings. Track your progress over time and use the Scoreboards to report back to your colleagues and managers. The Scoreboards are:
• Waste and Recycling for Small Offices• Waste and Recycling for Large Offices
• Electricity• Natural Gas
• Water• Commuting
• Business Travel
UPCOMING Events and Publications:
Cassie Walker, founder of The Sustainable Office and parent company Three Elements Consulting, recently appeared as the office greening expert on an episode of the Sundance Channel's new show, The Lazy Environmentalist! Check it out here!
Webinars: Our popular webinar, "Green Office - Strategies for a Greener Work Environment" presented by The Sustainable Office founder Cassie Walker, is now available! Produced and made available through educational provider The Altamont Group, participants will learn the reasons to pursue a sustainability strategy, the characteristics of a solid sustainability strategy, how to get started greening their own offices, the key steps for achieving a green office, and much more. A recent participant said that she couldn't wait to implement the three pages of notes that she took during the session!
Visit The Altamont Group for more details.
Buzz and Publications:
• The Sustainable Office's founder, Cassie Walker, was recently appointed to the Board of Directors for the newly-formed Southern California Ladies in Corporate Social Responsibility. The group seeks to provide a venue for CSR women professionals in the Southern California region to foster valuable professional relationships in an inclusive and supportive environment. • Our graphic design partner, T-LUX Design, recently won an American Graphic Design Award for their cover design for The Green Office Handbook. Congratulations T-LUX! We're glad that others love your work as much as we do.
• We were recently featured with the #1 cost-saving green tip for businesses in Promotional Consultant magazine. Check it out here: "Saving Green" • Interested in learning the characteristics of a successful office greening program? Check out our latest best practices article, "Doing Sustainability Right: Lessons from Whole Foods and Wal-Mart"
"From paper and recycling to energy and chemicals, The Green Office Handbook covers it all. Better than a book of random tips, it walks you through the process in an upbeat, easy-to-understand way – an essential foundation for greening any office.” - Jessica Jensen, Co-Founder, Low Impact Living
“We definitely got our money’s worth from The Green Office Handbook. It didn’t just tell us what to do, it told us how to do it, and provided a way to track our results. The Green Office Handbook is an invaluable resource for those looking to save money by going green.” - Kevin Small, Small Creations
"The Green Office Handbook is perfect for office managers or individuals who want to take the initiative to 'green' their office - it's chock full of practical information, checklists, and resources. By following Ms. Walker's advice, offices around the country are bound to accomplish their goal to 'do well by doing good!'" - Mina Kumar, Blue Garnet Associates
Have some feedback to share about The Green Office Handbook? Just email us at info@TheSustainableOffice.com to tell what you think! We're constantly updating and improving our materials, so your feedback is important to us.